Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Friends,

Lyndsay's letter to us was pretty short this week because we had a nice long conversation with her on Sunday.  Missionaries are allowed to call home (or Skype in this case) on Mother's Day and Christmas, which we appreciated very much.  


For everyone who did not get to be part of that conversation, I can say that she is well and is thoroughly enjoying her mission.  She is still training a new missionary as part of a three-sister companionship and is also serving as a "sister training leader", which includes responsibility to watch over all of the sister missionaries in her area (I think she said there were about 15) and consult with the mission president about their welfare.  She and her companions are teaching several people there in the Bowling Green area and enjoying the opportunity to serve and learn.


Thanks for all of your interest and support for Sister Lyndsay!


Steve


**********************************************
Hi Mama!

Happy Mother's Day plus one! Here's a favorite quote of mine about mothers, by Abraham Lincoln: "All that I am I owe to my angel mother." Or something like that. I second the motion! And it was so good to talk to you all yesterday! I'm so glad Andrew was able to be there. And Purrcy. :) It was also fun to see Tom for a minute--I've been wanting to write to him!

There's not much to update from yesterday...haha. We had a wonderful lesson with Sister Fenn, a less-active lady in the ward, last night. We talked about peace and how to find it--perfect since I've been seeking peace a lot more fervently lately. I shared Philllipians 4:7 with her, which talks about peace from God being "peace that passeth all understanding". What that means to me is that if I'm obedient, even when I don't understand why something has to happen, Heavenly Father will bless me with peace. We don't necessarily have to see the end result before we start on the path that God sets before us. My heart is full after talking with you all yesterday, and yet heavy at the same time after saying goodbye--but like you, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. And I want to make my mission count. :)

Please say hi back and thank you to everyone! I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Wygant

No comments:

Post a Comment