Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy almost May Day! [sent April 29]

Hi Mama!

Happy almost May Day! I can't believe May is almost here. Crazy! ....

I'm so, so glad my trees are almost blooming. There are tulip trees everywhere, and they are beautiful! The trees here are starting to bloom as well--a tender mercy for me because I love mine so much! Especially since it's been 2 years since I was home for my trees to bloom--this time last year, we were on tour in Germany! ...

It's been a pretty great week overall. Fred was baptized and confirmed this weekend!! YAY!! It was an amazing event to be part of. I was so grateful that everything came together for the program and that Fred could have a wonderful experience. Brother and Sister Shadle even drove for 16 hours on Friday (coming home from AZ) so that that Brother Shadle could baptize Fred on Saturday! What great friends!

We also got to go to a fireside yesterday, where Sister Young and I got to play in a musical number! It was an arrangement of Joseph Smith's First Prayer for flute, violin, voice, and piano--and it went so well! Again, I was amazed at how we were able to put all the parts together when practicing for the first time all together just an hour before the fireside. God is so good. :)

In other exciting news, Sister Foust and I have been called to be Sister Training Leaders! That's a new leadership position the church has created for sisters--you can read about it here. We are so honored with the assignment, and excited to get to work with the mission council and the other sisters in our Zone! 

Michael is doing well--we had a lesson about the Book of Mormon last week, and invited him to start reading it. We'll see what happens when we go back tomorrow. :) His life seems pretty hard right now--we'd be so grateful if you'd keep praying for him!

Thanks so much for going to the temple for me. I really miss it!! I think that's the first thing I want to do when I get home. :) I'm really beginning to understand and experience what it means in the scriptures to "hunger and thirst after righteousness". I am so far from perfect, but I can tell that my desires and attitudes toward things are changing--and it's amazing. When I think about home these days, all I really want is to spend time with my family and things like that. Honest. I know that I will look for and appreciate the best things in life so much more when I get home. :) I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission, and to have the Lord build me as I strive to build His kingdom. It is hard, hard work, and I often feel inadequate--but I know that He loves and supports me and all of us as we strive to do His will--no matter what sphere it may be in, missionary work or other. I love you all so much, and I pray for you everyday. Have a wonderful week! Enjoy the flowers and trees for me! :)

Love,
Sister Wygant

PPS pictures! 1. Las Tres Hermanas :) 2. Us with Fred and Sister Dindal (member; Fred's fiancee)! They are the greatest. Sister Dindal loves to cook, and made us all our favorite meals last week. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment