Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy May!

Hi Mama!

Happy May! The trees are blooming here, and I love it. There are lots of "tulip trees" in our area, and it's such a tender mercy for me. :) 

It's been a great week in Bowling Green! Dad said that Brother Penry used to live here--how cool! Small world. :) 

We had a great lesson with Michael last week. He told us that he knows the Book of Mormon is true! It made our week. :) Especially because he had cancelled our previous lesson and we were worried he was going to drop us. Phew! The next step for him is to come to church--but he babysits his brother's kids almost every weekend, so we're praying that something will work out to allow him to come this Sunday! If you would keep him in your prayers, we would sure appreciate it.

Sister Foust and I went to Mission Council on Tuesday, and it was such an amazing opportunity. The missionaries who are leaving at the end of this transfer all bore their testimonies at the end of our council meeting, and it was such a testimony builder for me to see their strong examples. I want to be just like that someday. :) 

Also, I got a wedding announcement for Lance and Rachel today--what?! AWESOME. I sure hope that's because of Mapleton Chorale! :)

I went on exchanges with Sister Gardner on Friday, and it was so fun. We met a really grumpy lady named Barb, who didn't want to talk to us...but then we offered to pray with her, and afterwards she told us that we had made her day! It was a really wonderful thing to see her attitude change. And maybe next time she'll be more receptive! 

Fred was baptized and confirmed last week--and then went to the doctor and found out he has to have heart surgery this week! If you would keep him in your prayers, we would be grateful.

We also had a great lesson with Justin. His issue is that he doesn't know if God exists or not--but he agreed to try praying about it this week! 

We had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday, and it was amazing. Saturday was the adult session in Perrysburg, and we got to be part of the choir that sang! It was so, so fun. I love singing! :) One of the members of the Stake Presidency spoke about farming and pruning--he said that "pruning with a purpose allows for more light penetration." That really struck me. Sometimes I don't understand why Heavenly Father wants to prune me in a certain way--and it's hard and uncomfortable. But the promise of more light penetration makes it a little easier to submit to His experience as the Master Gardner. Sunday's session was a special broadcast from Salt Lake to all the stakes on the East Coast, or something like that. President Uchtdorf, Elder Hales, Elder Robert C. Gay, and Sister Rosemary Wixom spoke. It was so wonderful! One favorite quote: "Being a member means internalizing and practicing the principles of the restored gospel." 

We had dinner with the Shadles, and they have the most adorable little girl named Colleen. She is 4, I think, and she spent all of dinner telling me a really long story that she made up on the spot. So cute. She reminds me almost exactly of Abby on One Magic Christmas.

Well, I'm almost out of time--but I'm so, SO excited to talk to you on Sunday!! Yay!!!! We're planning to skype around 5 our time, but we'll have the Chases call you if that changes. I am so grateful for the chance to talk to you, but also so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. It has been such a blessing in my life. I know that our Savior lives, and understands everything we go through. All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement--that's a promise I'm holding fast to, and I hope you all will as well! I love you!

-Sister Wygant

No comments:

Post a Comment