Sunday, September 9, 2012

Letters please!

Hello,

This is the email letter we received from Lyndsay on Friday.  She would enjoy letters or cards from anyone interested in writing a note.  DearElder.com (http://www.dearelder.com/) is a free website that allows you to write letters to missionaries on their website, which they print and send to the missionaries at the MTC.  And did I mention its free!  Just address a letter to

Sister Lyndsay Margaret Wygant
MTC Mailbox # 79
OH-CLE 0925
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Thanks for all of your love and prayers in support of Lyndsay!
 
**********************


Well, I made it all the way to Saturday night before I broke down. There is just so much to do here and so many things to learn/practice/internalize that it's easy to get discouraged and overwhelmed. I think I wanted to be perfect at teaching and learning from day 1, and it was frustrating when I wasn't. But that's what a learning curve is for, right? I especially struggled because those that I usually turn to for help or comfort--like you and Dad--were unavailable. But since then I have really learned to trust and rely on the Lord. Things are much better now :)

We have been teaching since day 2, and we get better and better each time I think. We have 5 or 6 investigators that we are teaching right now--which is a lot to keep track of and plan for! the first day it seemed like we had so much time to study, but now I find myself wishing that I could have more time because it never seems like enough. It really is like drinking out of a fire hydrant--a bit of it gets in your mouth but a lot of it gets all over your face. I am learning to catch more of it though :)

As of Tuesday we will be the oldest district in the Zone. What? Crazy. The district above us (1 week older) leaves for Louisiana and Florida on Tuesday--and they are going stir crazy. They are so ready to leave. Haha. I really love them though. Even though they only have one more week than us, they seem so much more experienced and better at teaching. I've been able to learn a lot from watching them and having them teach us in Zone Teaching. I really have come to love and appreciate them, and I will miss them when they leave.

My flute did make it safe and sound! I was delighted to open the package and find my baby sitting inside. I haven't been able to audition yet because auditions are only held on Thursdays and it didn't get to me til wednesday--but I am planning to audition next week :)

Emails are great but letters are wonderful! thanks for sending some during the week. If you could get the word out that everyone can use DearElder to write me for free, I would sure appreciate it. Dear Elder is the best because it's free for the sender and we get it within a day. I would love to get letters from anyone and everyone :)

Love you!

Sister Wygant

2 comments:

  1. This account is very obstinent in letting me post. The captchas are terrible. That aside I sure hope you're settling in and are doing well so far from home. Big hugs
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly - I apologize for the captchas. You're not the only one having trouble leaving comments. I may try to find another blog client that I s'more user friendly. Too much on the plate right now. But thank you so much for your interest and support! - Steve (just as an FYI, Lyndsay doesn't get much opportunity to check out her blog, but I pass all of the comments along to her when I write.)

      Delete